You are not connected. Please login or register

Is vintage too old?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Is vintage too old? on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:37 pm

admin

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet
So, i'm in love with vintage. And anything hippy and wooden or jazzy for that matter.
But to the piont; everything these days in commercial stores (bar a few) it neon or plastic and mass produced.
What ever happened to individuality of dress? I feel that to gain some independence from the merceless tycoon of supre jay jays and other mass chains, I need to hide in vintage boutiques and second hand stores. I was over the moon when vintage became "hip" again, and I felt oh so avant garde when my wardrobe was the look of the catwalk. I began to remove my trakkies and t-s, and re invent the big glasses sunny dresses and nannas-wardrobe-style of fashion for myself. For the latter part of 2007 I was thrilled, but now less than a season later it's all moved again to the ultra-other-extreme of the scale to neon 80's gym girl! So now i'm left with my wardrobe of beatnick and 60's summer day wondering is it still cool, or time to let go?

Is vintage too old?

View user profile

2default Re: Is vintage too old? on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:48 pm

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
NO

View user profile http://www.thenatashamaria.com

3default Re: Is vintage too old? on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:22 pm

Wear whatever you like to wear.

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"
View user profile

4default Re: Is vintage too old? on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:25 pm

kay if you dont like whats in fashion then dont wear it, you shouldnt feel obligated because some magazine or super model annouces that its the cool thing.Im not ANTI FASHION I just like what in my wardrobe better then any cat walk model is wearing, My friend grace and I are op shop fiends, we can go in and come out with the bestest bargains, I bought 4 things from box vintage in west end today, everyone says that vintage is the cool thing right now, but it always has been

and besides what you wear should be an expression of your personality, people who follow trends to much have no personality in my books, and I know you have plenty of personality. Wear what makes you feel prettiest or coolest, what ever floates your boat

5default Re: Is vintage too old? on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:03 am

NEVER! NANA DRESS LOVE!!!!

6default Re: Is vintage too old? on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:41 am

lalalie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
This little teacup wrote:NEVER! NANA DRESS LOVE!!!!

Agreed.

Who cares whats on the catwalk and Jay Jays and stuff now? Wear what you want. My threesixtyfive is now dedicated to me dressing up as something different every day. Vintage is cool, and if you want I can make you some clothes now that my sewing prowess is getting good Very Happy

View user profile

7default Re: Is vintage too old? on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Klerr!

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Kay, if you have a style that suits you and you enjoy wearing, then don't chuck it all away because of the stupid fashion!!

View user profile http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

8default Re: Is vintage too old? on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:11 pm

lalalie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Neon will go out soon anyway. I reckon.

View user profile

9default Re: Is vintage too old? on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:57 pm

thechickenhouse

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Neon is uuuugly.

View user profile

10default Re: Is vintage too old? on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:34 pm

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I like a little bit of neon, because I've always been slightly obsessed with fluoro in general, but the neon craze that's "in" at the moment is just bad.

View user profile http://www.thenatashamaria.com

11default Re: Is vintage too old? on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:01 pm

lilly-nobody

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Neon should die soon. It was alright for a while, now it hurts my eyes. Op shops will forever quietly reign over the fashion kingdom.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/yesterdays_girl

12default Re: Is vintage too old? on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:27 pm

I think I wrote some major spiel about the neon crisis in my blog

13default Re: Is vintage too old? on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:17 pm

alexandra.

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Hah yeah you did, I remember reading it.
Good times.

Opshops are gold. Go for it, Kay.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xalex_raymondx

14default Re: Is vintage too old? on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:50 pm

wednesday

Admiral
Admiral
The neon phase is killing me. I love bright colours but seriously, fluro clothes are just awful!

View user profile

15default Re: Is vintage too old? on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:55 pm

lalalie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I went into Supre last time we were in Perth, and actually had to squint to see. It was terrible.

View user profile

16default Re: Is vintage too old? on Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:07 pm

wednesday

Admiral
Admiral
i usually jave to squint in supre no matter what fad they're going through lol

View user profile

17default Re: Is vintage too old? on Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:09 pm

lalalie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Haha!