That anchor one is pretty

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/13131890

902default Re: Tattoos on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:46 pm

Subie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
mcaps wrote:Geoff got inked today.
It's a symbol that is chineese.
BEFORE YOU ALL THROW THINGS! It has meaning.
Him and his brother (and me for that matter, but putting that aside) are born in the year of the dragon, and so since like... last year sometime they decided to get the same tatoo together.

And today they did it.
It looks cool, and though they have it in slightly different places, when they stand next to eachother it's at the same height! Just be coincidence. So cool.

Pics later.

So they have the chinese symbol for dragon. That's what Tony has. Our boyfriends have the same tattoo.

Back onto the topic of non-english tattoos. I'm really just curious about opinions here. Say I was going to get "musica", it means music in Italian, written up my ankle. Now, I have no known Italian heritage but keep in mind that music is written in Italian. Would you approve?

View user profile

903default Re: Tattoos on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:45 pm

After some snooping, I discovered my sister got "Ad perpetuam rei memoriam" in a banner with something else wrapped around her. Ie Latin. It doesn't seem weird or inappropriate to have a latin phrase, somehow. And "musica" doesn't seem off, either - everyone will knows what it means, it sounds beautiful, it's not...I don't know.

See, I more have a problem with tattoos representing another culture, not the actual language. If you weren't brought up with a certain culture, you shouldn't be able to just waltz in and claim a part of that culture, "But! It's pretty! But! I want to BE part of that culture! But! I want to go there one day! But!" I don't know, it just seems wrong. (Although again it really depends on the actual tattoo.)

Phrases in another language...I guess people would argue that getting a phrase in another language (especially one you don't speak) could come off as pretentious. But just a simple a word like "musica" is something any english person would understand. I think it's lovely. It's a beautiful word.

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"
View user profile

904default Re: Tattoos on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:48 pm

admin

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet
Subie wrote:
Him and his brother (and me for that matter, but putting that aside) are born in the year of the dragon, and so since like... last year sometime they decided to get the same tatoo together.

And today they did it.
It looks cool, and though they have it in slightly different places, when they stand next to eachother it's at the same height! Just be coincidence. So cool.

Pics later.

So they have the chinese symbol for dragon. That's what Tony has. Our boyfriends have the same tattoo.

Back onto the topic of non-english tattoos. I'm really just curious about opinions here. Say I was going to get "musica", it means music in Italian, written up my ankle. Now, I have no known Italian heritage but keep in mind that music is written in Italian. Would you approve?

Oh that's cool!
They has same tatoo! Where is tonys?
See, this whole tattoo in other languages, some love and some hate.
I can't see what the big deal is? However I think it's more the asain tattoos that people have an issue with, but on that level if they are going to be picky about asain tattoos it should be tattoos in any other language that has no real relevence to a person.
And to that I say - who gives a shit, it's not going on your skin and if it's a nice design it doesn't really matter, really?
Subes i'd definatly approve.

View user profile

905default Re: Tattoos on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:35 pm

MissSussinator

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Your body, your choice Smile

View user profile

906default Re: Tattoos on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:12 pm

Subie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
mcaps wrote:
Subie wrote:

And today they did it.

Pics later.

Oh that's cool!
They has same tatoo! Where is tonys?
See, this whole tattoo in other languages, some love and some hate.
I can't see what the big deal is? However I think it's more the asain tattoos that people have an issue with, but on that level if they are going to be picky about asain tattoos it should be tattoos in any other language that has no real relevence to a person.
And to that I say - who gives a shit, it's not going on your skin and if it's a nice design it doesn't really matter, really?
Subes i'd definatly approve.

His is on his back. Sort of like a tramp stamp but further up and to the right. I like to poke it.

Yes I quite like the "musica" idea. I don't know if I'll get it, the list is getting pretty long but it is definately in the maybe pile.

View user profile

907default Re: Tattoos on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:08 pm

lilly-nobody

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
I like the 'musica' idea. It sounds nice, the word.

I love word/writing tattoos. I'd like to get 'the world will not fall apart' tattooed on my wrist.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/yesterdays_girl

908default Re: Tattoos on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Annalise

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I saw a derro guy with "Such is life"on his arm and it looked like Sucked life...
Weird, so if you get that don't get it in fancy writing or it'll looked retarded.

View user profile

909default Re: Tattoos on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Spongebob_rox

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Annalise wrote:I saw a derro guy with "Such is life"on his arm and it looked like Sucked life...
Weird, so if you get that don't get it in fancy writing or it'll looked retarded.
LOL Ben Cousins.

Way to ruin what would otherwise be a drool-worthy body.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/eagles4premiers

910default Re: Tattoos on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Annalise

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
That's filthy.

I've decided I want something on my thumb, you know embrace my deformity.

View user profile

911default Re: Tattoos on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:17 pm

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
That anchor one is sooo pretty. I've been thinking about getting my dandelion on my wrist actually, really really tiny. Would be quite sweet.

View user profile http://www.thenatashamaria.com

912default Re: Tattoos on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:29 pm

YES TASH that would be so awesome.

913default Re: Tattoos on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Klerr!

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Not too tiny Tash. You do not want it to become a blob =]

View user profile http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

914default Re: Tattoos on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:32 pm

You wonder what these people are like

915default Re: Tattoos on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 pm

my name is me

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
LOL.

View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/littlemisschloe

916default Re: Tattoos on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:47 pm

Klerr!

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
haha, indeed.

View user profile http://www.sailor-klerr.blogspot.com

917default Re: Tattoos on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:30 pm

audrey_in_london

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
My mother has said that if we find a place that does tattoos on the underaged (we know there are still a few around), I can get one next year, after I turn 17 and go to Germany and do everything else.

View user profile

918default Re: Tattoos on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 am

AUDREY ILY

WE NEED A SPAM EMOTICON OMG

919default Re: Tattoos on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:38 am

I keep trying to come up with tattoo ideas but all I seem to be doing is finding ones I'd love for myself but have no clue about how to adapt.

Except for a word or phrase, which is obviously pretty easy to adapt.

It's hard thinking of things that I will love forever, so I am thinking of things that I HAVE loved forever. Poems or acts of plays that I memorised as a child, for instance. Someone who I have lost who will probably never leave my thoughts. Hmmm.

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"
View user profile

920default Re: Tattoos on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:18 am

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Yeah I do the same thing Sian. Like, I've always loved books and words and stories, and since I was about 12 I've really loved Shakespeare, so I thought if I was going to get a quote it would be pertinent to get a Shakespeare quote. (Or "live in love", but then Mal did that... Razz) So I've been thinking about it for ages; I really want something from Midsummer 'cause that's my favourite play but then there is that age-old Shakespeare quote: "To thine own self be true." It is just so RIGHT, but overdone at the same time.

[/ramble]

921default Re: Tattoos on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:09 pm

Yeah, I fell in love with and memorised the witches poem from Macbeth when I was seven so that's been plonking around in my head, but I don't think it's right, somehow. Though a "eye of newt" tat WOULD be dead sexy. Razz

View user profile

922default Re: Tattoos on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:17 pm

I met this girl who had a beautiful tattoo on her arm, I asked about it and she gave me the number of this guy loli, he sits you down, you tell him your story and he makes a tattoo out of it, Im definetly going to do it I just need the moolah

923default Re: Tattoos on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:33 am

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I've been thinking a lot about sleeves lately, you know how most people think they're ugly? And how most sleeves ARE ugly? I think I've figured it out - it's because they don't have a theme. I think, in order for a sleeve to work, it has to have a theme, and that has to be clear and coherent and well-articulated throughout. I hate sleeves where some douchebag has gone, "I like skulls, and I like women, and I like playing cards, and I like ghosts, and I like demons and shit, so, I dunno, why not just pile 'em all on?" It looks like shit. But if you have a cool theme, and stick with that and have lots of colours that complement each other, I think sleeves are COOL.

I've been thinking more and more about getting a quarter-sleeve. I would never want a full one, but I think a quarter-sleeve would be cool. Can still cover it up for work but rock that hardcorechick look on weekends. (This is absolutely and 100% a "what if?" kind of daydream at the moment, by the way, I'm not going to run off and get a massive tattoo in the next couple of weeks or anything.) That spun onto thinking about what sort of quarter-sleeve I'd get, and I think I'd go with a peacock/bird theme. Have lots of rich greens and blues, some floral designs twirling everywhere, a big fuck-off peacock feather and maybe a few birds flying off in a couple directions. It would look sweet.

-end ramble-

924default Re: Tattoos on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:03 pm

kaihlajade.

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Pinks and blues and greens look amazing on girls' sleeves. Like the girl I linked to a few pages back. Hers is pretty, mainly because of the colours she used.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kaihla_jade

925default Re: Tattoos on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:25 pm

TASH FOR YOUR PEACOCK WEDDING ZOMG!!!!!

White dress with blue and green petticoat and blue and green quarter sleeeeeeveeeee, hot

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next