You are not connected. Please login or register

Tattoos

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

101default Re: Tattoos on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:17 pm

alexa

Miss opinions
Miss opinions
I actually do care about the negativity, because the old forum was great until all shit broke loose.
So just a tip, don't pretend you know how I feel.

And whatever.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/alexa_barbexa

102default Re: Tattoos on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:20 pm

apitamy of maturity.ANY WAY i suggest everyone get some henna and draw your perspective tattoos on yourself before you take the plunge
thats what Im doing.Ive got a really good design for my belly, its almost perfect. I just really want something that Im not gonna regrett later

103default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:29 am

audrey_in_london

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
If someone is happy with their own tattoo, it is not up to anyone else to criticise.

I have always wanted the infinity symbol somewhere as soon as I found out what the infinity symbol was.
Unfortunately, I probably never will because I don't think it would look good.
The dog one is cute, Alexa. Reminds of me one of my favorite tattooists. He does really simple designs, some of them even look like kids drawings but they are just sooooo cool.

View user profile

104default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:58 am

alexa

Miss opinions
Miss opinions
Cheers,

This tattooist? Do they have a website with thier designs? I wouldn't mind checking it out?

105default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:45 am

I don't want that completely uncalled nastiness to continue but I'd just like to vouch for Alexa and say that she and I used to talk quite a bit on msn, we were F.R.I.E.N.D.S geeks together :p and she told me all about her dog Rusty when he died and I know how bad she felt.

And as you all might know I'm still not over my cat Fido not being around and even had attachment issues with my new kitten that aren't even 100% resolved yet because of it. So the feelings that Alexa is having about Rusty are completely possible.

I don't really want to post this because I get the feeling it will spawn comments, I just felt really bad reading that Sarah thought Alexa made up the dog story when I know she didn't. So, yes Sarah, it is real.

And, I don't think I would ever get Fido's name or anything tattooed on me, but if I could have a cat equivalent of that dog picture I MIGHT consider it, because, and no, I am not sucking up, I think it's really cute in a simple way. It's probably nicer BECAUSE it is simple.

Though, I am going to take a responsible role here and say ALEXA! You should NEVER get a tattoo when you're drunk because a) the alcohol thins your blood and b) the tattooist should know this and should never let you get a tattoo when drunk and if they do they're not someone you should be entrusting your skin with!

Okay, lecture over.

Wait, except for this:

I think a tattoo has to be a really personal thing. Whether it's a piece of flash (something chosen out of those books they have at tattooist places: roses, butterflies, cartoon character etc) or a self-designed work of art that holds deep personal meaning, or just something small that represents part of your life, like a treble clef or something. It doesn't matter what it is, if you've made the choice to have that image etched into your skin, whether or not you drew it, whether or not it's for a reason more than just "it looks pretty", then it's something you've obviously got enough of an attachment to to make that step.

When someone gets something inked on their skin, it's for a long time, forever if they don't want to spend money on laser surgery. And, no, it's not possible for everyone in the world to love whatever they get tattooed on themselves for ever. People will regret tattoo choices, and it might even get to the point when if someone points it out, they're cringing, and going "oh, yeah, I don't know what I was thinking..."

Now, even though I don't have a tattoo, I have an imagination, and I can imagine how much I would HATE anyone to criticise something I've chosen to have etched into me. Because, even if you're thick-skinned (punz) and don't care about what other people think, you hear a couple of people say your choice is crap or mainstream or WHATEVER, you're most likely going to start getting niggles of doubt.

So why bother ever criticising someone's tattoo either here or in the real world? If you think it's nice, say so, if you don't, realise that it's not something that they drew on paper, it's etched onto their skin, and simply don't say anything, unless you are asked, in which case, a polite "I don't think it's really my thing but, then again, what I feel might represent my individuality probably wouldn't be your thing either. Kudos on being brave enough to sit there and be poked with needles, fellow homo sapien!" should suffice, should it not?

Because, really, if you can close your mouth instead of breathing shit, do it, because there's enough angst and buried pain in the world that we don't really need the fucked up attitude that anyone's doing anyone a favour by making them feel bad about themselves and their choices.

I would like to see it become a rule that we can't criticise tattoo choices if they're already on someone's skin, and anyone who violates this should be banned for a day.

If someone is deciding whether or not to get a tattoo, if someone thinks they've decided, but haven't gotten it yet, sure, voice your opinion (hopefully in a constructive rather than abusive way), because, it's not a part of them yet, and it's an important decision, and they should march into that tattoo parlour fully informed.

But once it's in their skin, I reckon criticism should be out of bounds. It's just too personal. And if they say it isn't personal at all to them, they're lying at least on some level, because they've made a personal commitment to that image, and even if they're the sort of person who just wants an image because it looks good on them, that's saying something (and NOT necessarily a bad thing) about them as a person too.

I'm not the boss. Everyone should agree on whether or not that's an appropriate rule.

This wasn't a bitch at anyone, just an imploration for consideration and kindness.

Also lastly, why do people always have to feel like they have to justify tattoos with meanings that always sound so shallow? I don't know, to me, it's like "You can just say you think swans are pretty, you know? Is it really about how they represent your freedom? Really?"

...but that's just me being judgemental.

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"
View user profile

106default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 am

audrey_in_london

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Alexa, I have to head to le google.
When I find him, I will post it.

View user profile

107default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:53 am

audrey_in_london

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Ok bingo.
He is le french so his site is in french.
The pictures are fun to look at though.
www.yourmeatismine.com

View user profile

108default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:57 am

admin

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet
That was the MOST rediculous argument I have EVER heard.
Downy, that was uncalled for. She did say that it had a huge sentamental value to her, and in all fairness it's not your place to say to someone face that you think his or her tatto is crap. You could have just said "I doesn't really float my boat, but if you like it then that's you're perogative". Wich it is.
Alexa - posting her pm's to you on the forum is uncalled for. The point of Private Messages is exactly that, to be private. Don't do it again. And also, Downy said something hurtfull, and I know that when it's something as sentamental as a tatto it can make you angry. But that argument went for pages and it wasn't necessary.

Either move arguments to PM's, or i'll lock it.

End of discussion, and any more snipy posts on this thread from ANYONE will result in locking.

View user profile

109default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:42 am

alexandra.

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Bah >_<
I just came here thinking OOH TWO MORE PAGES OF PRETTY PICTURES!
Chloe L. Has some pictures of the prettiest tattoo's I have ever seen, from that girl that we were like WOAH at Chloe, last night, I lost the link eh.
So when you read this, kindly link these people to the images kthnx.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xalex_raymondx

110default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:32 am

thechickenhouse

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
There was a girl at the train station the other day... I think it was
tuesday, and she had a cello on her arm ontop of a score that wrapped
all the way around.

View user profile

111default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 am

admin

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet
Wow that sounds lovely!
I like musical things, but everytime I tell someone I want a cleff or a note or a melody they groan and go on a "but everyone has them they're so chliche" tangent.

Pisses me off to no end.

View user profile

112default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:31 pm

That is awesome Sian. I agree with that rule. Once it's on the skin, I figure it's a bit like insulting someones birth mark.

EDIT: Whoops, missed a page. I would love something musical. If I was gonna go crazy with it, I would get a big guitar on fire on my back. I decided last night that the two things I'm getting for sure is the words "This too shall pass" on my wrist and the scarification, though I'd have to go to the Sunshine Coast, I think.

113default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:03 pm

alexa

Miss opinions
Miss opinions
Sian & Kay - Completely understood. No worries.

Audrey? That tattooist is sick!
I love the photos!!!

114default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:20 pm

alexa

Miss opinions
Miss opinions
One of the apprentices at work has that green triangle with a yellow kangaroo in the middle saying "Australia Made"

Then he has a massive snake skeleton that goes the entire length of his arm and finishes on his back

And in our holidays he was getting "100% Aussie Beef" on his arse.

haha

115default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:29 pm

thechickenhouse wrote:There was a girl at the train station the other day... I think it was
tuesday, and she had a cello on her arm ontop of a score that wrapped
all the way around.

Haha, did you go over and introduce yourself, "Hi, I'm Kira! There's an off-chance you might be my soulmate!"

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"
View user profile

116default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:52 pm

admin

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet
alexa wrote:One of the apprentices at work has that green triangle with a yellow kangaroo in the middle saying "Australia Made"

Then he has a massive snake skeleton that goes the entire length of his arm and finishes on his back

haha

THAT IS RAD! So he's a bit patriotic then?

Also to Wombi - lololololololol!!! I loled and the person walking past asked about it and I said they wouldn't understand and they walked off in a huff and I went "I love being in an exclusive circle".

View user profile

117default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:03 pm

mcaps wrote:Also to Wombi - lololololololol!!! I loled and the person walking past asked about it and I said they wouldn't understand and they walked off in a huff and I went "I love being in an exclusive circle".

I'm lost.

View user profile

118default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:38 pm

alexa

Miss opinions
Miss opinions
mcaps wrote:
alexa wrote:One of the apprentices at work has that green triangle with a yellow kangaroo in the middle saying "Australia Made"

haha

THAT IS RAD! So he's a bit patriotic then?

If that's what you want to call him, sure haha.
He's a funny kid.

119default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:07 pm

harlequin

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Sian I wanted to say how excellent I thought that long post of yours a couple of pages back was. Thumbs up

View user profile

120default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:58 pm

T-diddy

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
ding ding ding!! I love it sian.

Anyway. Being tattooed myself (yeah man), when i showed my... ahem. Best mate but hes not really but long story. ANYWAY he turns around and tells me that it looked like it had down syndrome.

Ok. First of all, i didnt care coz his opinion was from him and i loved it and hes pretty judgemental because its something his parents wont let him as a 19 year old do.
But dude, it stings. Its something there PERMANANTLY. If i was alexa and was constantly told that it looked like crap i think id be like "Oh. Its a year down the track and i want it gone now because of the big deal everyone has made of it".

Ok and on a lighter note.

IF YOU GET A TATTOO YOU SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY NEED TO BE AWARE IT GETS SO ITCHY I WANT TO RIP MY SKIN OFF. i am going to be stoked when it stops peeling. on the other hand, my skin feels so nice and smooth there on the bits where it has peeled already.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

121default Re: Tattoos on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 pm

I have a secret tattoo plan at the moment. I'm kind of scared it won't happen though - it involves a much bigger travel plan, which involves a lot of bravery and money saving. Hmmmm.

I'm kind of worried about the pain of it all - I forget what you said about shoulders, Tegs, but is that a painful place to get done?

I am also thinking ankle, I hear that's a really horrible place to get pain-wise.

View user profile

122default Re: Tattoos on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:49 pm

admin

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet
Oh sorry, um I was laughing at what you said, and someone went past asn asked me what I was laughing at. I said they would have no idea, and then I commented about how I liked the exclusivness of the group.

So yeah, slightly off topic.

Apologies.

View user profile

123default Re: Tattoos on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Huuuuh?

View user profile

124default Re: Tattoos on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:04 pm

I reall really love all this womans tattoos, I think she has 14 of them, especially the writing on her back, something about will determination ect, but the tiger on her back, the ancient chinese style is fucking gorgeous

oh and sian, its all about where your bones are, if you have sticky outty shoulder bones its going to fucking hurt, thats why people always bang on about the foot or the ancle or the hip. and your pretty fit so its gonna hurt either way, but the way I look at it is,it what half an hour of pain depending what you want then youll have this wickedly personal art on you forever, thats more then worth it in my opinion. plus the adrenaline, fuck yeah

125default Re: Tattoos on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Meliss and I are extremely close to getting tattoos, I believe it may happen within the next month or so...

I've been trying to draw treble clefs which is want I want and the only good one I've drawn so far has been this one which I drew while drunk at a friends house (hense why its on newspaper and cut out lol)

I originally wanted it on the inside of my arm but now I'm not so sure I want it there, just cause of jobs and stuff since I work with kids. Meliss wants to get an M on the back of her neck. I want it somewhere where people will see it, but at the same time, not incredibily obvious....ugh its so hard...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next