You are not connected. Please login or register

Online Shopping

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Subie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
macadamia wrote:I'm lucky because I'm one of those bitches who is all in proportion. Even when I gain weight it spreads evenly; I never have a bigger butt or belly or thighs or anything. It's all just sort of the same size. So ... shame?

Damn you! Although people seem to lack sympathy for me when I complain I can't wear high-waisted jeans because my waist is too small for my hips.

View user profile

77default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 pm

lalalie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Subie wrote:
macadamia wrote:I'm lucky because I'm one of those bitches who is all in proportion. Even when I gain weight it spreads evenly; I never have a bigger butt or belly or thighs or anything. It's all just sort of the same size. So ... shame?

Damn you! Although people seem to lack sympathy for me when I complain I can't wear high-waisted jeans because my waist is too small for my hips.

Story of my lyf. Also if dresses fit my boobs they are too big in the waist or they fit my waist and are too small for my boobs. Ugh.

View user profile

78default Re: Online Shopping on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Annalise

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I need some more places for online shopping... I refuse to pay for shipping though.

View user profile

79default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:09 pm

harlequin

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Oh my GOD I am so annoyed! Okay so that pair of shoes I bought from Wittner A MONTH AGO still haven't arrived, I called them again today to complain and they said the shoes have been shipped and delivered by Australian Air Express - AAE says they were delivered to my home address and signed for by someone called Peter. There is no one here called Peter and I definitely haven't received my shoes, so God knows where they've been sent! So I called Australian Air Express and they're "making an enquiry" to find them for me. This is SO fucking annoying, it's just lucky that I didn't buy them specifically for a wedding or something.

View user profile

80default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Lexington

Commander and Navy Chaplain
Commander and Navy Chaplain
Oh my god. RAGE.

View user profile

81default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 pm

thechickenhouse

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Couriers/delivery peeps are so terrible at sending things to the right places. We get some really weird ones at work. I had a box handed to me at work and the guy shoving the thing in my hand to sign, and I looked at the box and went "Err, this is for Caulfield Racecourse, this is a library" and the guy goes "Are you signing for this or what?" NO IM NOT SIGNING FOR IT IDIOT.

Also, when they actually are for us, they NEVER get me to write my name, they always take it, some copy off my name badge which is fine, but others ask for my name and write whatever. I only know this because we get statements of everything signed for and one had "Coraline" as the reciever, and everyone went WTF? So they checked the signature and it was mine. Idiot.

View user profile

82default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 pm

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Tilly holy fuck that just blew my mind, probably actually only a tiny coincidence but my workmate Teresa bought a top online two weeks ago and has been waiting impatiently for it (supposed to ship overnight), on Monday she rang up to blast the company and they said it was delivered five days earlier and signed for by someone named Peter.

View user profile http://www.thenatashamaria.com

83default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Subie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
My dad's name is Peter and he's a courier. I'm secretly hoping he stole them all for me, except I'm guessing Tilly's shoes are way too big for me so also hoping he stole a shrink-ray.

But seriously, AAE are pretty bad. When my Dad did runs for them he told us of so many slip-ups, they lost a dog once (they found it eventually sleeping at the other end of the terminal). Although where he works now seems even worse, he comes home so often complaining about how someone in the office gave him the wrong address or forgot to send something out but sent something out twice causing heaps of confusion.

View user profile

84default Re: Online Shopping on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:05 pm

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I see we haven't visited this thread in almost three years, so now feels as good a time as any to update!

My favourite sites to browse and drool over are ModCloth, Nasty Gal, Urban Outfitters, Dissh, ASOS, Etsy, Book Depository, Solestruck, Photojojo, Chicwish, OMIGHTY, Topshop, Beginning Boutique, Princess Polly, Forever 21, Lulu's, SE3, Green With Envy, ROMWE, Boohoo, Stylerunner, Beauty Bliss and Superette.

I would LOVE to get stuck into Sephora and Nordstrom too, but the hassle of getting goods to NZ (they don't ship here) means I don't even bother visiting their sites, because it would feel too much like teasing myself. I know a lot of people who use YouShop and rave about it, so I should probably just get over it and do that, but I can't be arsed.

85default Re: Online Shopping on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:24 am

thechickenhouse

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
www.rosewholesale.com

Recommended by my cousin. $4.99 shipping to Australia and dirt cheap clothes. I have a wishlist for a whole load of stuff for work on there.

View user profile

86default Re: Online Shopping on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:38 am

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
That site rules!

I really wish shipping was free from Eastbay, or at least affordable Crying or Very sad

87default Re: Online Shopping on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:39 pm

T-diddy

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
i just had an AWESOME experience with Boohoo.com!

A) They actually have plus sized clothes now, and decent ones with a good selection
B) They had a 25% off discount, but it wouldnt apply on the dress I wanted. I facebooked them at 7pm Saturday night (theyre obviously on as well for other countries) and they sorted it out for me - refunded me back my 25% literally 10 mins after!
C) Shipping is only $5 and thats the slowest option - but its like a 9 days or less thing. Um YEAH.

Lets see how they fit!!!

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/rocksteady7

88default Re: Online Shopping on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:19 pm

Subie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I'm excited because I just bought a Fjällräven Kånken backpack (a lot of my friends have one and have convinced me how great they are, even though I was originally against it, now I'm one of them). I got it from Amazon, but I'm a bit concerned because at the top it said "ships to Australia" but when I scrolled down it said "only ships within the US". It did let me set my shipping address to Australia and charged me the international shipping price though, so I figure it must be fine and will get here?

View user profile

89default Re: Online Shopping on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Annalise

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
So i just had to look up what a Fjällräven Kånken backpack is, 1. I hope it reaches you, 2. I want one.

View user profile

90default Re: Online Shopping on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:17 pm

harlequin

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I have one and I bought it online! They are stupid expensive but I feel pretty sure mine could survive a nuclear holocaust and it's cute as fuck.

View user profile

91default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:24 am

lalalie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Ohhh I just looked them up and I've been seeing them everywhere! They're super cute.

View user profile

92default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Subie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Yes! They are stupidly expensive, especially as it depends where you're buying it from due to exchange rates, but they're cute, come in so many colours (I got ox red with blue straps), super practical, and are ethically made with sustainable materials (which makes me feel the price is somewhat justified). Plus, they're Swedish so I can wear them with my clogs and Dr Denim overalls and be both hipster and patriotic :p

View user profile

93default Re: Online Shopping on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:58 pm

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I just ordered a Frank lip scrub & lip balm.

1) I can't wait to see what they're like
2) I hope I win the Golden Frank!

94default Re: Online Shopping on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:00 pm

Subie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
How do people buy bras online? Like, it's hard enough for me to find the right size in an actual shop. Sometimes I'm a 10C, sometimes 10C isn't even close. Then online it's not even Australian sizing so am I 32C? Sometimes?

Argh, but Naja has pretty bras that are ethical and they help women and I need bras. But I don't wanna drop $85 on a bra that won't fit and I'm way to lazy to ever return anything.

View user profile

95default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 am

T-diddy

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
So im on this instabeauty facebook group, right? And they sometimes share "glitches" where online shops post stuff at insane prices and some will honour the purchase because technically its right?

Yeah. I always miss out on them but im never really fussed.

Tonight however - I just bought a kat von d pallette (RRP au $95) and mini liquid lipstick kit (RRP $75) for.....
$76.

$28 for the lips, $48 for the pallette.

If we didn't live in such a shit backwards country in terms of beauty mark ups, I would feel bad. But nope. Not feeling bad because $95 for a few eyeshadows ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

I have confirmation and paid via pay pal incase sephora get a bit sketchy but fingers crossed!!!

96default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:43 am

T-diddy

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
Oh ok it might be cheap because it may have been a holiday set that's only just been marked down online but that's ok!

97default Re: Online Shopping on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:17 am

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I just found Vanilla Bloom, an online natural beauty boutique that sells samples of most of its face products for $1 each. I'm yet to find any retailers that stock such a wide range of organic beauty products where you can visit and actually try stuff in person, so I've just bought a bunch of BB cream and foundation samples from La Mav, Burt's Bees, Inika, Coola and Oasis Beauty, as well as a Burt's Bees lip crayon. I've been looking for a natural lip crayon for ages, I'm so stoked! Amy bought me a Revlon Color Burst for my birthday last year and I adored it, but don't usually buy Revlon, so haven't replaced it.

I can't wait to see what these products are like. I've read good things about Coola and Inika but was holding off ordering anything online because I hate forking out for products then having them arrive and be not quite right.

98default Re: Online Shopping on Mon May 08, 2017 6:49 am

macadamia

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I needed a new mascara, and accidentally ordered three lip crayons, an eyeliner, sharpener and four perfume samples as well.

#whoops

99default Re: Online Shopping on Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 am

Clover " LET'S CALL THE NEW SITE THE H.M.S INDEPENDENT!" Spaghetti, who sits on the fence in the country looking at the cows as it rains, holding a big sign that says "I started the whole damn sea analogy, I came up with the name for this vessel, It's my goddamn party and I'll cry if I want to!"
View user profile

100default Re: Online Shopping on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Subie

Boat Bitch
Boat Bitch
I really like when you buy something online and you can track the shipping, but not just "It is on its way and will arrive on this day", but actually seeing where it goes. My necklace that I ordered on the weekend has so far been picked up from the warehouse in Copenhagen, to Leipzig, to Luton, and then to Heathrow. It has now departed Heathrow, but I guess it will make another stop before it gets to Sydney.

I just like watching my little purchase have a holiday, I guess.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum